There are two major thyroid problems. These are hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. The two are exactly opposite of each other although they may have the same symptoms. However, there are some that differs between the two which will help us understand more which disease we are having. We need to know the different thyroid disease symptoms before we can conclude on which of them we have. This will help us monitor our health even before we go to the doctor.
Below are the different thyroid disease symptoms that will guide us about problems regarding the thyroid.
Hypothyroidism – this is a disease on the thyroid which happens when it does not function well. It apparently becomes weak due to some deficiency with some vitamins and minerals. That is the reason why the gland does not produce enough hormones for the body. There are lots of symptoms that come with this disease.
· Exhaustion and fatigue – this happens when you feel tired even after doing simple tasks. Even breathing is tiring. This is a sign that you are lacking T3 hormones. Although this can actually happen apart from the thyroid disease, you still need to pay attention to it before it gets serious.
· Depression – this is different from just being sad. Because the hormones also affect the brains, it will also have side effects to our emotional and psychological being when the brain does not get enough supple of the hormones from the thyroid.
· Unexpected weight gain – you might notice when you are having hypothyroid that you are gaining weight although you are in a tight diet. This is actually not about your eating habits. It is just caused by the hormones in the body. When we are not being supplied with the proper amount of it, the body will get confused as well as problems with metabolism may occur.
· Inability to concentrate – because of the brain being affected, you will have problems concentrating even with simple things.
· Dry/coarse/itchy skin and hair – this happens also because of the sudden change in the metabolism of the body.
Hyperthyroidism – this is exactly opposite of the hypothyroid. Here, the thyroid gland is producing too much T3 hormones. This can be bad due to the excess hormones that will be transferred to the different parts of the body. There will be confusion with the hormonal count.
· Nervousness – this is caused by the activated thyroid. You always feel nervous or scared of something even though there is nothing to be nervous about. That is why drinking caffeinated drinks is prohibited during the case of hyperthyroid.
· Irritability – you will always feel irritated; the feeling that there is always something wrong. You will often be described as moody and mad.
· Panic disorder – this is the same as nervousness.
· Weight loss – even though one is eating enough or more than they should, they still kept losing weight. This is because the metabolism is fast. It confuses the digestion and makes us shrug weight.
These different thyroid disease symptoms can occur one after the other. That is why it may take time before one can realize that they already have thyroid problems. Consult your doctor for more different thyroid disease symptoms so that you will know when you have thyroid gland illnesses.